Monday, November 8, 2010

Vision........

I have never really been a fan of making future goals or having visions. I feel like in my life they changed way to often to keep them. Although just recently I have been re-evaluating my life and possibly where my future may be leading me. I've come up with a few that may have just become some long term goals.
1. Compete in an Iron Man
2. Finish Writing a Book
3. Climb Mount Everest
I have chosen these three goals in this specific order and for a reason. I firmly believe that in order to climb everest you need to be mentally and physically in shape. That also goes along with competing in an iron man competition. So i have decided to start training in January of this year for the iron man, my friend and i will be doing it together to make it a little easier. Along the training will be some marathons and other  competitive events. The time line of how long this is going to take is still unknown it may take a few years but will be worth it in the end. After competing i will take training a little less intense and mentally prepare my self to finish writing a book. About what i have no idea. Then lastly i want to climb mount everest. This is one of the only visions i have had for a long time. It may not be achievable but it is something to shoot for. And although it may never be done there is always a possibility. Its something that has always marveled me that man can actually climb this giant piece of land, and i would like to do it someday.

3 comments:

  1. When I read your goals I thought that you might not be able to accomplish them. I was surprise when I read that you have everything plan and you are taking action to accomplish them. While I continued reading your blog I realize that your goals are really meaningful and well thought. Good luck ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should climb Mt. Everest , and then write a book about it. If something particularly interesting happens or any near death experience occurs- you will have a best seller. Even if nothing that cool happens- you can make it up! No one said that your book has to be memoir. Then you could sell the rights of your story to some big Hollywood studio. Next thing you know, some devastatingly handsome actor will be playing you on the silver screen! After you get your big payout from your block buster hit, you can begin investing and maybe purchase a gym. You can devote your time to training and compete and win an Iron Man. You can make your gym a national chain and start working the motivational speech circuit- delivering inspiring discourses about personal fitness and determination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nick. Thank you for your comment. Your goals are very inspiring, esp to climb Mount Everest. I would LOVE to do it. I have a whole bunch of stuff on my bucket list and its one of those things I want to do before I die! How cool would that be? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete