Monday, October 25, 2010

Chaos? Of Course.

There really was about 1000 ways for this class to have ended up. Although as a class full of potential "future Managers" it went exactly the way it should have, aside from a few differences. Surprisingly not as many people jumped to the front of the class to assume immediate "Boss/Leader" figure. Only one guy jumped up immediately to sort the situation, he tried his best but a class full of 60 students mostly all with low scores he wasn't going to last long by himself. I think we should have broken up into groups according to the section on the test we each did poorly on. This way that group will have the same emotions on that particular section of the test thus making all sections of the next test weighted towards a better solution. The coordination in this class activity was poor, and except from the few vocal people in the class, most people were left stranded and just went along with it. Now, I am a vocal person and cared tremendously about my grade but I did sit this one out. I chose the "avoidance" part of the decision making process not because I thought i had no chance of winning, because truthfully I wanted to see how this was going to unfold. I figured that blood was going to be shed and fist were going to be thrown towards the end! Time was the biggest issue i think, the first 12 minutes were a whole lot of nothing. It was when too many people finally decided to take initiative and come to the front of the class that chaos ensued. Then coming down to the end was when people actually started to care and make quick decisions based on their own feelings. Unity was the major missing link in this class activity, too many people out for themselves and not for the class. Am I mad? no, If i was mad about the decisions that were made I would have voiced an opinion. I'm more ashamed that a class full of college students where the Professor literally let us take control of HIS class for 20 minutes and decide the future of our grades. And all we came up with was more essays and a dropped test grade if wanted! Hey thats college right? No its not, we should be lucky he let us do this, and maybe tried for more? who knows either way it was fun and a good learning experience. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the first guy coming up. He tried his best but with a class with all low scores he stood no chance to keep order. As for the professor giving us this opportunity its something that we should definitely consider ourselves lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, it really is unfortunate that we were not able to accomplish more with regards to the content and structure of the future test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the same way, that no other class we will give us this kind of opportunity. I hope that the professor gives us another opportunity like this.

    ReplyDelete