Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Culture in a Culture Filled City!

How can anyone say they have no experience with culture! New York may have the vision and reputation of this mean city filled with robbers and creepy people in ally ways. But truthfully take a look at the world inside this city. Every corner you turn there is something or someone of some ethnicity doing something different. This past week especially with the UN in town, people supporting their countries all over the city were flying flags and holding giant posters of there supported leaders. I don't travel often and when I do its usually inside the US so for me to say that I have traveled to some 3rd world country and lived their lives is a lie. I would love to travel to a country that I have never been before and live with people who I cant even speak their language. How many times am I on the subway and see people from different countries who have no idea where they are going, imagine us in there world its probably even worse. I barely know the subways now and i live here! If your really feeling the need for some culture realize we have countries in our own city. Chinatown, Little Italy etc. I have been there thousands of times each and every-time is a new learning experience. I have learned the speed and necessity of people in Chinatown and the ease of time the people in little Italy have. Chinatown houses some of the best food in the city and that is one thing I am sure of their culture they love to cook and man is it good! I guess you can say the same of little Italy, although the feast and the fried food is really not too good for the heart. The wine on the other hand is a different story! Is this a true depiction of how their countries are I have no idea but maybe if I go to either one ill have a step on other people. I love New York just for this simple reason its a world inside of its own City! Thanks Again!

2 comments:

  1. True, New York is a great city! It is really great that there are so many different cultures within our city, and even when we are not traveling, we experience them right here. By interacting with many different cultures and people from all over the world, it helps us grow and we can learn so much from it.

    Food choices in New York are great as well, and it's interesting to see the differences in China Town and Little Italy, like you mentioned. I like your way of saying that we have a whole world inside our city! It really is like a whole world in a small area... New York is a great city with endless opportunities and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree in what you wrote, because our city is so diverse, that we have a mix of cultures. I think this is great.

    ReplyDelete